The iTHEIA AI Portable Traffic Data System will accommodate FHWA Scheme F (13 Classes) capability. Please note that capabilities for 13 classes will be limited at night for portable products unless adequate ambient lighting is available. Lighting is important since the system needs to see the wheels of the vehicle in order to properly classify the 13 classes. Four (4) lane applications with a larger median will require two (2) AI Classifiers (one on each side) in order to accommodate FHWA Scheme F. iTHEIA detects three (3) lanes in the same direction or four (4) lanes (with two (2) lanes each) in the opposing direction.
The iTHEIA AI Portable Traffic Data System comes complete with an electronic controller, camera for day and night, an 18 foot (5.5m) telescopic pole (to attach to an existing pole) with camera mounting bracket, and battery pack. The pole can be used as the camera mount, but it is preferable to use the existing pole to mount the camera as it is more sturdy. The telescopic pole can be used to push the camera up the existing pole and tighten the straps.
Data is delivered by reporting software, a real-time data stream or in standard spreadsheet formats, and is verifiable through video and image review. Data includes volume, classification, lane, and speed.
- Electronic Controller with 8 Gbit RAM; 64 Gbit solid state hard drive; 64 Gbit USB Memory Stick
- Stainless steel housing with quick release straps (for attachment to existing pole).
- iTHEIA System Software License (Years 1-3 inclusive)
- Camera with 1280×720 resolution (option to set to higher resolution); 2.8mm lens with zoom and focus
- 100 AH Battery with battery life of 50 hours or more
- Power adapter 50/60 Hz 110-240 VAC for charging battery
- Ethernet Cable
- 18 ft (5.5m) carbon fiber telescopic pole with quick release straps (for attachment to an existing pole) and camera mounts
- Lock and chain
- Physical installation and on-site electrical work are not included in the above prices.
- No laptop is required, since the configuration is performed on the touchscreen of the unit.
- No modem connection is possible with the portable unit.
- To accommodate FHWA Scheme F (13 classes) lighting is important at night. Please note that capabilities for 13 classes will be limited at night for portable products unless adequate ambient lighting is available
- Four (4) lane applications with a larger median will require two (2) AI Classifiers (one on each side) in order to accommodate FHWA Scheme F.
- A standard classification scheme is provided as default. Alternate classification schemes are an extra fee. Please contact your IRD representative for pricing.
- Subsequent software license fees following year 3 are an extra fee. Budgetary pricing is $750 annually.